- Instruments & Systems
- Application Areas
- Working with DNA
- Isolation and Purification
- Genome Sequencing
- Conventional PCR
- Mapping and Cloning
- DNA Labeling and Detection
- Analyzing DNA
- Working with RNA
- Isolation and Purification
- Stabilization and Protection of RNA
- Conventional RT-PCR
- Transcriptome Sequencing
- Gene Knockdown
- RNA Labeling and Detection
- Analyzing RNA and Cloning
- Working with Cells
- Cell Isolation and Tissue Dissociation
- Cell Cultivation
- Cell Differentiation
- Functional Assays
- Cell Counting and Quality Control
Support & Resources
- Online Technical Support
- Find most updated product-related data and documents for your search
- Contact Us
- Subscribe to eNewsletter
- More Contact Options
Terms & Conditions
Online Ordering System payment options:
Choose the best payment option for you:
- Purchase Orders: Use your institution's specific purchase order system.
- Blanket Purchase Orders: Enjoy added convenience and flexibility when ordering a variety of products over a given period of time.
- Visa®/MasterCard®/American Express®: Use a personal or institutional credit card.
Other ordering options not available on-line
Roche Applied Science offers many additional options to make your biochemical buying fast, easy, and hassle free. In addition to ordering products on-line, you can also order by phone, fax mail, or EDI:
Phone: 800-262-1640 or 317-521-3023 (7:30 am-7:00 PM EST)
FAX: 800-428-2883 (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
Mail: Roche Applied Science
P.O. Box 50414
Indianapolis, IN 46250-0414
EDI: 800-262-1640 for additional information
In addition to purchase orders or credit cards, you can also pay in these ways when not ordering on-line
- Standing orders (multiple scheduled shipments of the same product or products)
- Pre-paid orders
- On-site stocking
For information on any of these options, contact your sales representative at 800-845-7355 or call our Customer Services line at 800-262-1640.
We understand that your research may, at times, require products with special packaging or specific performance characteristics. Just call 800-428-5433 (press 5 or ext. 4649) to be connected to a qualified specialist who will assist you. Please note that exact product specifications for a bulk order need to be verified because they may differ slightly from the catalog pack size.
Shipping and Delivery
Orders are processed the same business day they are received.
Orders received after Friday at 7:00 PM, but before Monday at 7:00 PM (EST), will be shipped out on Monday for Tuesday delivery. Orders received at other times will deliver the next business day. FedEx or Airborne shipping is utilized to meet your specific needs:
- next business day by 4 PM in most areas
(standard shipping method)
- next business day by 10:30 AM in most
areas (may be requested at an additional cost).
Ask your Customer Services Representative for more information. Please note, however, not all products can be shipped by air. In addition, due to changing FDA regulations, some products may require certification prior to first sale, and other products may become unavailable in the US. For these reasons, not all products in this catalog may be available for next-day delivery.
You may notice that, on occasion, certain products are shipped at temperatures that differ from the recommended storage temperature on the label (e.g., a product shipped at room temperature has a recommended storage temperature of -15 to -20°C). Roche has determined that these products, unopened, are stable for a reasonable time frame when shipped under these conditions. We guarantee stability through the control date on every label when products are shipped under these conditions and stored upon receipt at the recommended temperature.
Terms and Conditions and General Information
Terms and Conditions
All orders and agreements are binding only if confirmed in writing at our Indianapolis office or through delivery of merchandise. When ordering, please be certain to indicate both the Catalog Number and a description of the product.
Due within 30 days of date of invoice. Prices are subject to change without notice. All orders are subject to final acceptance by Roche at the prices in effect at the time of shipment. Customer may designate delivery address for orders shipped by Roche; however, orders will be shipped only to actual business locations used solely for business purposes. Roche reserves the right to request additional information from Customer as necessary to confirm that the delivery address supplied by Customer is a business location. Roche may, in its sole discretion, refuse to ship orders to a location specified by Customer. Roche Applied Science will select the method of delivery; title passes to the customer upon Roche's delivery of products to the transportation company. The customer will be responsible for insurance for loss or damage in transit. The customer is responsible for all freight, shipping, and handling charges which will be added to the invoice provided by Roche. Where applicable, a $34.00 processing fee will be added to the prices quoted. For Priority Overnight delivery, there is an additional $5.00 charge. Taxes imposed on the sale of any product listed herein will be added to the prices quoted, and will be the sole responsibility of the customer.
Claims for damage in transit
Our shipping responsibility ceases with safe delivery in good condition to the transportation company. Claims by the customer for damage in transit should be made to the transportation company as follows: If upon delivery, the outside of the packing case shows evidence of rough handling or damage, request that the transportation company's agent make a "Received in Bad Order" notation on the delivery receipt. If there is no exterior evidence of rough handling upon delivery, but concealed damage is evident upon unpacking the shipment, the transportation company should, within 48 hours of delivery, be requested to make out a "Bad Order" report. This procedure is necessary in order to maintain the right of recovery from the carrier. In addition, Roche should be informed
within 10 days^of receipt of damaged goods. Non-receipt claims on lost shipments should be made within 30 days of original order.
Claims for shortages
We use extreme care in selection, checking, rechecking, and packing to eliminate the possibility of error. If any shipping discrepancies are discovered, claims must be made to the place of shipment
within 10 days to be considered. Please check all packing material thoroughly upon receipt of shipment.
There is a 15% restocking fee for returned product. No product may be returned without authorization from Roche Applied Science. Authorization (and the assigned return authorization number) is necessary to ensure correct return of material and issuance of credit or exchange of material. Requests for permission to return products must be made
within 10 days of receipt. Returned products should be clearly marked with sender's name, address, and return authorization number, and carefully packed and shipped prepaid. Products must be returned in the same condition as received and
within 15 days of original shipment by Roche.
Roche Applied Science warrants its products to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and application. Roche's sole obligation under this warranty shall be to replace defective products.
This warranty applies only to products in the original container that have been handled and stored in accordance with Roche's recommendations, and does not apply to products that have been the subject of alteration, misuse, or abuse.
All claims under this warranty must be directed to Roche Applied Science in writing and must be accompanied by a copy of the purchaser's invoice.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO CASE SHALL ROCHE BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Any modification of the above terms will be valid only if confirmed in writing by Roche Applied Science at its corporate offices.
Intended Use of Biochemicals
Roche Applied Science's products are developed, designed, and labeled for sale for a variety of uses, including "For Life Sciences Research" ".
Our preparations are intended exclusively for use as labeled. Products labeled as "For Life Sciences Research" are intended exclusively for in vitro and non-human in vivo use where not prohibited by USDA and explicitly stated on the label. Use of these products for diagnostic purposes or in studies to demonstrate the safety and effectiveness of the product for human applications(s) is not allowed under federal regulations.
Federal regulations may require us to obtain written confirmation from you that our laboratory products are not being used for human diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. As the Food and Drug Administration's policies governing human applications of research products evolve, Roche will endeavor to advise you periodically of changing requirements. However, it is the Institution's responsibility to ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
In this catalog, enzyme activities are expressed as international units per milligram and specific activities are expressed as units per milligram protein. Unless otherwise stated,
one unit of activity converts 1 µmol of substrate to product in one minute under the given assay conditions. The assay temperature, substrate, and special conditions are listed in parentheses beside the specific activity. If other enzyme unit definitions are used, a reference to the procedure is included. Detailed copies of our assay protocols are available from our Technical Services Department.
One unit of our restriction enzymes is defined as the amount of enzyme necessary to cut 1 µg of substrate DNA (usually lambda) in one hour under the stated assay conditions. All our restriction enzymes are assayed for a full hour, guaranteeing the linearity of the assay.
Quantities of DNA and RNA are often expressed in A260 units.
One A260 unit is the amount of double-stranded DNA (approximately 50 µg) that, dissolved in 1.0 ml of aqueous solution, gives an absorbance of 1.0 at 260 nm. For single-stranded DNA (>1 kb) or RNA, one A260 unit is approximately 40 µg. For linkers and other short pieces of DNA, one A260 unit is approximately 25 µg.
Titer is defined as the amount of antigen precipitated by 1 ml of antiserum (as determined by reverse Mancini) for Roche's affinity-purified antisera. Titer may also be expressed as the highest serum dilution at which a detectable reaction (e.g., agglutination, complement-mediated lysis) occurs when added to a constant amount of antigen.
Product Safety Information
Roche Applied Science is committed to providing our customers with accurate and easy to understand product safety information. This information is provided through appropriate label warnings and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), which are consistent with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200). Both means of communication are described in detail below.
Roche Applied Science adopted the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) hazardous materials identification system. This information is presented in the form of a diamond with numerical hazard ratings. The diamond is split into 4 equal sections:
The numerical hazard rating system provides a scale from 0 (minimal hazard) to 4 (maximum hazard) for each section of the diamond. Should a product have a "4" in the (flammability) section of the diamond, customers would know that this product was very flammable and should be kept away from sources of heat. A "0," on the other hand, would indicate very minimal fire hazard. A guideline has been provided below to more accurately define how the system works.
|Flammability||Health Effects||Reactivity||Specific Codes|
|0- Will not burn
|0- No hazard
2- Corrosive, mildly toxic
3- Cancer causing
4- Acutely toxic
1- Unstable if heated
2- Violent chemical change
3- Shock/Heat may detonate
4- May detonate
|N/A- Not Applicable
CA- Cancer causing
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) provide specific hazard information on each of the Roche Applied Science products. The product name, catalog number, revision date, and NFPA hazard ratings are all provided in the heading of the first page. At the middle of the page, you can find information as to whether the product contains anything hazardous or cancer causing at greater than 1% and 0.1%, respectively. Should there be an entry in this section, there will also be a chemical abstract number, percentage of constituent present, and the exposure guidelines. Most of the exposure guidelines are presented in an abbreviated form. For example, the Eight Hour Time Weighted Average Exposure Limits are listed as a "T," the Fifteen Minute Short Term Exposure Limits an "S" and the Ceiling Expo-sure Limits as a "C." The concentration values are listed as ppm (parts per million) and mg/m3 (milligrams per cubic meter). Health Effects, Symptoms of Exposure, and Emergency First Aid proce-dures are listed at the bottom of the page. Applicable physical and reactivity hazards are on page 2 of the MSDS. Spill and leak procedures, exposure control information, personal protective equip-ment, and other precautions can be found on pages 3, 4, and 5 of the MSDS.
Please note, however, the absence of an MSDS does not preclude a possible health hazard. With all of our products, due care should be exercised to prevent human contact and ingestion.
All preparations should be handled only by trained personnel.
An MSDS is automatically sent to the "sold to" address the first time a hazardous product is ordered. However, if you need additional copies of the MSDSs, you can visit our internet site (http://biochem.roche.com) and print a copy of the MSDS right from your computer. If you do not have access to the internet, simply call (317) 576 7331 or fax (317) 576 3084. When requesting copies of many MSDSs, we request that you fax your request and include the Catalog Number, product name, and a return fax number.
Terms and Conditions for NimbleDesign and RealTimeReady configurator tools
The following terms and conditions shall govern use of the NimbleDesign and RealTimeReady configurator tools provided by Roche and use of the NimbleDesign and RealTimeReady websites (together “Roche System”), and all customers and users of the Roche Systems (the “Customer”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- Roche reserves the right to change, revise or improve upon the Roche System at any time; however, Roche makes no commitment to provide any such changes, updates, improvements, or other additions to the Roche System to Customer in a timely manner or at all. Roche reserves the right to discontinue providing the Roche System at any time and to delete all user data (including saved designs and any other data on the system) without notice. Roche may manufacture product designed by the Customer using the Roche System according to a design provided by Customer. Therefore Customer assumes full responsibility for such product’s design, including without limitation for such product’s fitness for a particular purpose or application, its compatibility with the workflow used by Customer, and its ability to actually function as projected or planned by Customer.
- Customer warrants that the design provided by Customer is not covered by any third party’s rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights) and that no dispute with any third party regarding a possible infringement exists. Customer hereby indemnifies and shall hold harmless Roche and all affiliates of the Roche group from any and all losses, damages and claims, including but not limited to attorney fees and costs, arising from or related to Roche’s manufacturing and sale of products to Customer and Customer’s use or sale of such products.
- By using the Roche System, Customer agrees to be solely responsible for the design of the library that may be manufactured by Roche. Roche makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, including non-infringement and any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Customer represents and warrants that its designs are intended for life science research only and agrees that its designs will not be used for diagnostic, prognostic or therapeutic uses.
- Customer accepts full responsibility for the security of its data, libraries and any other information submitted by Customer in connection with its use of the Roche System.
- Customer agrees to use the Roche System for Customer’s design purposes only and not to use the system for any other purpose. The Roche System including but not limited to the configuration tools, may not be licensed, leased, exchanged or bartered. Customer shall notify Roche immediately upon discovering any unauthorized use of the Roche System.
- Customer agrees not to translate, reverse engineer, reverse compile, disassemble, make derivative works from, or in any way attempt to gain access to the underlying features of the Roche System, or to disable, improperly access or modify the system in any way. Customer acknowledges that Roche retains intellectual property rights in the Roche System, and agrees not to act in any manner that may infringe on these rights.
- Customer agrees to comply with all applicable laws in its use of the Roche System.
- Roche is not obliged to, but may in its discretion review or edit content, data or libraries created or accessed by Customer through Roche Systems for either accuracy or Customer’s intended purpose, and Customer is responsible to ensure the accuracy of content. Roche assumes no liability for such review or edits and may remove or restrict content which, in Roche’s sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject Roche or its affiliates to liability, or which otherwise violates these terms and conditions. Roche may cooperate in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime, civil wrong, or infringement.
- Roche is not responsible nor will it be liable in any way for Customer’s use of any software or equipment that is not supplied by Roche in connection with Customer’s use of Roche System and is not responsible for internet connectivity or any Customer hardware or software issues. Customer is responsible for understanding and using the software described and provided. Roche does not guarantee or warrant any results the Customer may achieve.
- By using the Roche system, Customer authorizes and grants Roche a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide license to: (1) reproduce, transmit, disclose, display and use Customer’s data, libraries, and information for the purpose of enabling Customer to use the Roche System; (2) process Customer requests and transactions, including without limitation development manufacturing and sale of products to Customer and third parties (3) monitor The Roche System for indications of unauthorized use; and (4) maintain and improve the system. Roche may disclose information to the extent (1) it is required to do so by law; (2) necessary to protect and defend the legal rights of Roche; or (3) required in order to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry.
- Customer’s submission of a design through the Roche System does not constitute an order. To place an order, design submissions must be transmitted to a Roche webstore or otherwise communicated to Roche through an ordering channel acceptable to Roche. All orders are subject to acceptance by the Roche sales affiliate in the country to which Customer’s products are to be shipped. Additional terms and conditions shall apply to any sale, manufacturing, and ordering of products based on designs and configurations that have been made using the Roche System.
- This Roche System contains information on products which are targeted to a wide range of audiences and could contain product details or information otherwise not accessible or valid in Customer’s country. Please be aware that we do not take any responsibility for accessing such information which may not comply with any legal process, regulation, registration or usage in the Customer’s country of origin. Roche does not guarantee the sale or manufacture of any products based on designs and configurations made using the Roche System. Applicable terms and conditions may be found on the Roche Applied Science website (www.roche-applied-science.com) or requested from the Customer’s local Roche sales affiliate.
- The use of the Roche System for any of the actions listed below shall constitute violations of these terms and conditions:
- a) Transmission of information, material or designs that Customer does not have the right to make available to others, such as third party information or designs, proprietary and confidential information or information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements.
- b) Intellectual property rights infringement by transmission of protected material, information or designs.
- c) Actions that disrupt the Roche System or adversely affect the ability of others to use Roche System.
- d) Actions that intentionally disrupt the Roche System, non-traditional end user activities, such as high volume transfers or data uploads, are prohibited.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ROCHE SYSTEM IS PROVIDED "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE ROCHE SYSTEM OR WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR AVAILABLE THROUGH USE OF THE ROCHE SYSTEM OR THAT THE ROCHE SYSTEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. ROCHE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE ROCHE SYSTEM WILL BE PROVIDED FREE OF VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ROCHE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY EACH FOR THE ROCHE SYSTEM AND THE PRODUCTS ROCHE MAY MANUFACTURE IN ACCORDANCE WITH CUSTOMER’S DESIGN. CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY AND ROCHE DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO SUCH RISKS. NO ADVICE FROM ROCHE OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY
- LIMITATION OF ROCHE'S LIABILITY IN NO EVENT SHALL ROCHE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES OR SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE UNDER ANY SECTION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND OR LOSS OF BUSINESS GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITY) WHETHER OR NOT ROCHE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. ROCHE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF ROCHE TO CUSTOMER EXCEED ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00). NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING FROM USE OF THE ROCHE SYSTEM MAY BE BROUGHT BY CUSTOMER MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS OCCURRED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW A LIMITATION ON LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE THAT CAUSES DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY, OR FOR FRAUD, GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILFUL DEFAULT AND, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SUCH LIABILITY SHALL NOT BE LIMITED.
- If any part of this agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to comply with the applicable laws, and the remainder shall have full force and effect.
- Any failure by Roche to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any rights under such provision or any other provision of the Agreement.
- If Customer is dissatisfied with the Roche System, or with any related terms, conditions, rules, policies or guidelines, Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Roche System and terminate Customer’s account.
- Reproduction of the protected content of the Roche website without the express written permission of Roche is strictly prohibited. Trademarks shown on the Roche System are owned by Roche unless otherwise stated.
- The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Roche and Customer, and supersede any previous communications, representations or agreements between the parties, whether oral or written, regarding transactions using the Roche System. Customer's additional or different terms and conditions will not apply.
Date of Terms and Conditions: March 2013