LightCycler® 480 System - Multiple Plate Analysis
Read in this article:
Multiple Plate Analysis on the LightCycler® 480 System – versatile software tools for diverse applications
- The LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software gives you the power to perform large-scale analyses by easily comparing and visualizing PCR data from multiple instrument runs. Supporting all LightCycler® 480 System methods for qPCR, SNP analysis, and mutation scanning, it enables statistical compilation of extended genomics studies.
- LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software is offered as an additional module for LightCycler® 480 Instruments with LightCycler® 480 Software 1.5, to greatly improve and accelerate the generation of large data sets from multiple PCR plates.
- Users can choose between several types of analysis, data can be filtered according to the features required for inclusion in a study, and results can be displayed in predefined yet editable formats (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: General overview of features and functions provided by the LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software.
Benefits of the LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software
- Carry out extended studies for all current Real-Time PCR formats and applications (gene expression, SNP analysis, haplotyping, mutation scanning).
- Use convenient and flexible options to set up new studies for compiled analysis of multiple runs.
- Safely store data and analysis results from multiple runs in a common study database.
- Easily explore your data with predefined yet editable application-specific macros.
- Avoid data loss or assignment errors often linked to error-prone multiple export-import or copy-paste operations.
- Get the most out of your experiments – with metadata-level coverage – and consistently achieve high-quality results.
Multiple Plate Analyis Workflow
Multiple Plate Analysis on the LightCycler® 480 System comprises the following steps:
Figure 2: Use of LightCycler® 480 Software modules to obtain multiple-run raw data for subsequent multiple plate analysis.
- Real-Time PCR experiments are performed on the LightCycler® 480 Instrument and raw data are analyzed using the respective modules (Relative Quantification, Genotyping) of LightCycler® 480 Software 1.5.
- Analyzed results from multiple experiments are transferred to the LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software and combined to form a study.
- Study properties are defined and each sample is assigned a corresponding value for each property.
- The desired workflow and data format are chosen, and the analysis is performed.
- A single Excel file holding all information (tables, plots) associated with the data is created (see Figures 2 and 3 for a complete summary of the workflow).
Figure 3: LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software creates compiled analysis plots and overview tables from multiple single-plate results.
Expression Analysis of Genes Involved in Neurodegenerative Disorders
Discover how the LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software enabled geneticists in Tübingen, Germany to perform statistical analysis of extended gene expression and SNP data sets.