Reduce Errors and Save Time When Setting Up PCRs
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) setup typically requires thawing of the various reagents, setting up a master mix, then distributing the mix to the individual reaction tubes. The various handling steps
- can cause pipetting mistakes and experimental error
- bear the risk of contaminating the amplification reaction, and
- are time-consuming.
Facilitate PCR Setup and Obtain Reliable Results with the PCR and High Fidelity PCR Masters
The PCR Master is a 2x concentrated ready-to-use master mix that contains Taq DNA Polymerase, PCR Grade Deoxynucleotides, and PCR Reaction Buffer with a final concentration of 1.5 mM MgCl2. This mix is designed for the routine amplification of any kind of DNA up to 3 kb.
The High Fidelity PCR Master is a 2x concentrated ready-to-use master mix that contains the Expand High Fidelity Enzyme blend, PCR Grade Deoxynucleotides, and PCR Reaction Buffer with a final concentration of 1.5 mM MgCl2. The Expand High Fidelity Enzyme blend is a blend of Taq DNA Polymerase and a thermostable DNA polymerase with proofreading activity. This powerful enzyme blend is designed to amplify any kind of DNA up to 5 kb (see Figure 1) with higher yield and three times higher fidelity than Taq DNA Polymerase alone.
Figure 1: Performance of the High Fidelity PCR Master. Four different templates were amplified from human genomic DNA with the High Fidelity PCR Master according to the instructions provided with the product. Fragments ranging from 1.1 kb up to 4.8 kb are obtained with high yield and specificity.
Advantages of these Master Mixes
- Save time: Blends are stored at +2 to +8°C and can be immediately used, no freezing or thawing is necessary.
- Improve results by reducing pipetting errors: Master mixes contain all the reagents required to perform PCR. Simply add the template DNA, primers, and the required amount of PCR Grade Water (provided with the products).
- Minimize contamination risks: Only two pipetting steps are necessary; both master mixes are provided as 2x concentrated ready-to-use mixes in aliquots of 10 reactions.
- Enjoy guaranteed performance: Both master mixes are function tested for maximum thermal stability, processivity, and specificity.