Last Revised: September 17, 2015
1. General Privacy Statement
This website is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of a parent or guardian. Such parent or guardian has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and require that it be deleted. Moreover, anyone under 18 years old should seek their parent's or guardian's permission prior to using or disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information on this web site or online resource.
3. Information Collected
4. Our Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
a. For the business purposes of ROCHE or our business partners, including legally authorized marketing, sales, operational, and financial activities.
b. To comply with any requests from you, including requests to receive certain information or share content from this website with another individual.
c. To better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services.
d. To communicate with you about products or services that you might find interesting.
e. To tailor your experience on our website.
Where permitted by our arrangements with service providers we may combine the Personally Identifiable Information you share with us through this website with other information you have shared with us, both online and offline. We may also combine this Personally Identifiable Information with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us better design ROCHE products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
5. Sharing with Third Parties, Subsidiaries, and Affiliates
We may share Personally Identifiable Information about you with our subsidiaries and affiliates. In addition, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with outside third parties solely for the following purposes:
- To help fulfill ROCHE business transactions.
- To conduct technical maintenance of our websites and other platforms.
- To facilitate a merger, consolidation, transfer of control or other corporate reorganization in which ROCHE participates.
- To respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government authorities, or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
- Where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
6. Social Plugins
This site may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook Like button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our site, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the associated social media web site (e.g., Facebook) while browsing on our web site, the social plugin allows that social media web site to receive information that you have visited our web site. The social plugin may also allow the social media web site to share information about your activities on our web site with other users of their social media web site. For more information about the information shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site privacy statement.
7. Do Not Track Signals
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to ROCHE about how or whether ROCHE or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, ROCHE does not respond to such signals.
8. Use of Personally Identifiable Information for Marketing
We will not sell or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any non-affiliated entity for their own direct marketing use unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your explicit consent. We use third party advertising companies to place ads on other websites. These companies may use data about your visits to this and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices to opt out of having this information used by these companies, see our ROCHE.
9. Data Security
ROCHE and its business partners take reasonable steps to protect Personally Identifiable Information we access or receive through this website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, ROCHE makes no guarantee as to the security of your Personally Identifiable Information and disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability and damages caused by loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We recommend that you take any available precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information you submit on this website.
10. Data Accuracy
We want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date information about you in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that your contact information needs to be updated, you can e-mail us to correct or update your contact information.
11. Notice, Choice and Control
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication or contacting us at any time at the contact information below. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly.
12. Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information
ROCHE is committed to respecting your right to access and correct your Personally Identifiable Information. You can contact us at the contact information provided below and we will be happy to assist you. ROCHE may limit or deny access to Personally Identifiable Information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or as otherwise provided by law. In some circumstances, ROCHE may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to and other requests regarding Personally Identifiable Information.
13. International Transfers of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us through your use of this website may be transferred to or stored in a geographic region which imposes different privacy obligations than your country of origin.
14. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to:
Cerrada de Bezares No. 9
Col. Lomas de Bezares
Delegación: Miguel Hidalgo CP. 11910
Be sure to include your name and address; you can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
OUR POLICY ON COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Updated: September 17th , 2015
This website is owned and operated by Productos Roche, S.A. de C.V. located at Cerrada de Bezares No. 9 Col. Lomas de Bezares, Delegación Miguel Hidalgo CP. 11910, México DF. ROCHE may update this notice at any time by publishing changes on this page. You should visit this page from time to time to review these updates.
What are cookies?
Cookies save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some registration areas, help to deliver content-specific information to you, and track which sections of the site are most popular. A "cookie" is actually a file that our web server or the web server of one of our third-party partners may send to your computer when you access one of our sites. This file is then stored on your computer.
- After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on our site, cookies enable the site to "remember" that information, should you so choose.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to deliver content that is tailored to your interests and preferences based on your past activity on the site.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to compile aggregate statistics concerning use of the site, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies do we use?
Our site may use the following types of cookies and tracking technologies, among others:
- "Session" cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our web sites, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (e.g., the site may remember previous entries of age that are outside the permitted parameters and block subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- "Persistent" cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., Login ID), helping to determine what areas of the web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
- "Web beacons" (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs): A web beacon is a piece of software code on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Web beacons may be placed in online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- Our site uses two Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which are information collected through cookie's: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Demographics and Interests reporting. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here. Other information on opt-outs for targeted advertisement deli very is available below.
Why do we allow third-party partners to place cookies on your computer?
Like most advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their own cookies when an individual visits our site. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. When the individual visits a third-party web site on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest in Roche products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
How does our site respond to web browser "Do Not Track" signals?
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Roche about how or whether Roche or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, Roche does not respond to such signals.
What choices do you have regarding the delivery of targeted advertisements on third-party sites?
The [Digital Advertising Alliance] [European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance] maintains a web site where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program ([www.AboutAds.info/choices] [www.youronlinechoices.com]).