The Primary Sample Handling Instrument (PSH) is a benchtop robotic workstation for automated sample transfer from primary and/or secondary tubes into a MagNA Pure 96 Processing Cartridge and/or archive plate. The Primary Sample Handling Instrument can be used as standalone device in direct connection with the MagNA Pure 96 Instrument, or as workflow component within the FLOW Solution. The Primary Sample Handling Instrument includes automated tracking of barcoded samples and consumables. The hardware is designed for aspirating and dispensing sample volumes up to 1,000 µl.
- Reduce hands-on time
- Automate data transfer
- Reduce sample tracking error
- Improve security
- Increase throughput
- Access instruments remotely
- Decrease contamination
The Primary Sample Handling Instrument (Cat. No. 07101937001) is delivered together with these items:
- Primary Sample Handling Instrument
- Rack-SMP-CAR-32-A00, Set of 3, 1 set of 3
- Rack-SMP-CAR-24-A00, Set of 4, 1 set of 4
- FLOW 32 Vial Carrier (Set of 3), 1 carrier with adaptors
- Rack-TIP-CAR-480-A00, for 480 tips, 1 rack tip carrier
- FLOW Processing Cartridge Carrier, 2 processing cartridge carrier
The Primary Sample Handling Instrument in combination with the MagNA Pure 96 Instrument is an automated workflow solution for high-throughput customers, combining primary sample handling (Primary Sample Handling Instrument) and nucleic acid extraction (MagNA Pure 96 Instrument). The combination of the Primary Sample Handling Instrument and the MagNA Pure 96 Instrument provides an automated laboratory workflow for general laboratory use.
The Primary Sample Handling Instrument is a primary sample handler and aspirates samples from primary and/or secondary tubes, and dispenses them into a process plate for further purification steps.
The Primary Sample Handling Instrument is intended for general laboratory use and must be used exclusively by professional users trained in laboratory techniques and having studied the User Documentation of this instrument.
The Primary Sample Handling System performs pipetting operations on liquids from primary and secondary tubes to MagNA Pure 96 Processing Cartridges. Pipetting means transferring small quantities of liquid from one vessel to another. A pipetting operation is achieved by aspirating liquid from a source vessel, then transferring and dispensing it into the target vessel.
The Primary Sample Handling System performs primary sample handling in two different configurations:
- In the FLOW configuration, the Primary Sample Handling System is used in combination with the FLOW Solution. The FLOW Solution provides an automated solution for a laboratory workflow comprising primary sample handling, purification, PCR setup, and qPCR.
- In the standalone configuration, the Primary Sample Handling System is used with the MagNA Pure 96 System. This combination provides an automated solution for a laboratory workflow comprising primary sample handling and purification.