DNA Process Control Detection Kit
LightCycler® Multiplex DNA Master and Control DNA Detection Mix (primers and Cy5-labeled probe). Refill Kit of the qPCR components (master mix and control assay) for the DNA Process Control Kit.
For general laboratory use. This product is not available in all territories due to different national regulations.
|Product No.||Pack Size|
To order these products, please contact your Roche order management team.
Accurate and efficient qPCR detection of pathogen DNA in human samples can be challenging because of a) errors in the purification or qPCR processes, or b) co-purification of PCR inhibiting substances from many human samples. In both cases, negative results cannot be clearly interpreted. Therefore, a generic positive internal control that monitors the whole process, and not only the qPCR step, is required in order to rule out false negative results.
- Refill the DNA Process Control Kit with this Detection Kit (additional LightCycler® Multiplex DNA Master and Control Detection Mix), when there is unused DNA Control
- Monitor your entire workflow of pathogen detection, from sample preparation to qPCR, by directly adding Roche nuclease-resistant DNA Process Control to the samples
- Improve your data safety by ruling out false negative results
- Generate reproducible and reliable results with standardized controls manufactured under strict guidelines
- Detect low copy number of DNA targets with higher sensitivity with a complete kit that includes a new 5x-concentrated multiplex master mix
- LightCycler® Multiplex DNA Master
- DNA Process Control Detection Mix (primers and Cy5-labeled hydrolysis probe)
- Water, PCR grade
In case of excess DNA Control from the DNA Process Control Kit, complete it with the LightCycler® Multiplex DNA Master and Control DNA Detection Mix.
Detailed protocols for use with the MagNA Pure Instruments, other nucleic acid isolation kits and LightCycler® Instruments are given in the “Instructions for Use” document. The performance with a large variety of human sample materials, such as blood, plasma, and serum, and a number of pathogen modular assays, has been extensively evaluated.
The generic internal Control DNA of the DNA Process Control Kit is a DNA sequence, encapsulated in a nuclease-resistant, inactivated and non-infectious lambda phage. The Control DNA is therefore protected to mimic cellular extraction processes, better than naked DNA does. The synthetic Control DNA sequence does not match any mammalian sequence and does not interfere with the pathogen target DNA during isolation or qPCR. The robust LightCycler® Multiplex DNA Master supplied in the DNA Process Control Kit is designed to function under a variety of commonly used PCR reaction conditions in multiplex with pathogen targets.
In case of partial degradation of the sample DNA or co-extraction of PCR inhibiting substances, Cq’s for the target DNA can be lower than expected or may not give an interpretable PCR result. By using the DNA Process Control Detection Kit, along with the DNA Control from the DNA Process Control Kit, the target PCR result is then correlated to the expected result of the spiked-in Control DNA which should give a defined Cq value in the range of ≥30.
a) Pathogen test is negative: If the Control DNA PCR result is as expected, a false negative result of the viral target DNA can be ruled out, and the process does not need to be repeated.
b) Pathogen test and Control DNA detection are negative: failures or problems in sample extraction, reverse transcription, or qPCR are likely, and the complete process must be repeated.