LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument
Real-Time PCR System. Conforms to the European directive for in vitro diagnostic medical devices 98/79/EC.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
|Product No.||Pack Size|
To order these products, please contact your Roche order management team.
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument allows you to monitor amplification of 32 PCR products simultaneously, in real-time and online, with six different detection channels in multiplex experiments. The LightCycler® Software 4.1 collects fluorescence data from all six channels at each cycle and displays it immediately, enabling you to terminate PCR runs early if signal levels are adequate, or prolong them when signals are too low. Amplification occurs in specially designed reaction capillaries, whose superb surface-to-volume ratio provides extremely rapid thermal transfer, facilitating high-speed thermal cycling. The combination of LightCycler® Capillaries and air-driven temperature control allows an entire 35-cycle run to be performed in as little as 30 minutes (with 20 µl capillaries) to 60 minutes (with 100 µl capillaries).
- Obtain fast, highly reproducible results using real-time, online PCR. Assay and analysis are complete in less than 45 minutes.
- Expect a greater signal-to-noise ratio and fewer unwanted PCR products, due to the rapid cycling of the LightCycler® Instruments.
- Choose from a wide variety of fluorescence formats for flexible experimental design and analysis.
- Efficiently manage and protect your data with LightCycler® Software 4.05/4.1 analysis modules.
- Employ sensitive and specific real-time PCR quantification in countless research applications.
- LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument
- LightCycler® 2.0 Sample Carousel (20 µl)
- LightCycler® Software 4.1
- LightCycler® Software 4.05/4.1 Tutorial
- LightCycler® Centrifuge Adapters
- 2 LightCycler® Capping Tools
- LightCycler® Capillary Releaser
A Pentium PC is supplied with the LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument (excluding US; For US customers, please order this separately by referencing product number: 05191149001)
Note: A hand-held barcode reader for the LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument is available separately. Please contact your local sales representative for more information.
The LightCycler® Carousel-Based System is ideally suited for a variety of applications in mono- or dual-color and multiplex assays. This is the result of the high precision thermocycling, state-of-the-art quantification software, and numerous system reagents and kits.
Use the LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument to perform:
- Fast and sensitive real-time PCR and RT-PCR
- Reproducible and reliable kinetic quantification of DNA, cDNA, or RNA
- Easy PCR product identification and characterization by melting point analysis
- Highly specific mutation analysis and SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) genotyping
- Qualitative PCR product detection
- Multiplex assays using the HybProbe detection format
- Convenient and exact determination of nucleic acid concentrations before setting the PCR reaction
- Gene expression analysis
- Gene knockdown result validation
- Food pathogens and spoilage testing
- Screening for genetically modified organisms (GMO)
- Specific analysis of oncological or virological research parameters
Applications for In Vitro Diagnostics
Starting with Serial Number 1415001, the LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument can be used (in the EU and in countries where approved for this purpose) for in vitro diagnostic applications in combination with:
- Validated data station
- Software version 4.1 which also conforms to European directive for in vitro diagnostic medical devices 98/79/EC.
- Roche Diagnostics kits for in vitro diagnostic use:
- Factor II (Prothrombin) G20210A Kit, Cat. No.: 03610 195 001
- Factor V Leiden Kit, Cat. No.: 03 610 179 001.
Note: The LightCycler® Reagent Kits for in vitro diagnostic applications requiring this instrument are not available in all countries.
Note: The CE mark is the graphic symbol for the free marketability of products in the single European market.
The LightCycler® Carousel-Based System shows outstanding performance in terms of:
- Accurate and reproducible amplification conditions
- Rapid cycling
- Broad dynamic range
- Sensitive detection
Click here to read more about the LightCycler® Carousel-Based System performance.
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument offers the following outstanding features:
- Six fluorescence detectors measure fluorescence at 530, 560, 610, 640, 670, and 705 nm.
- State-of-the art software combines enhanced data analysis with efficient data management.
- Two sizes of reaction capillaries for 20 µL and 100 µL reactions provide flexibility for assay design.
- Optimized hardware components ensure rapid, ultra-precise temperature regulation and homogeneity for highest accuracy and reproducibility.
|Dimensions (without computer)||28.0 cm x 38.5 cm x 50.5 cm; (11 in x 11 in x 20 in)
(W x D x H)
|Weight||Approximately 22 kg (48.5 lbs)|
|Computer||Pentium PC with Windows XP|
|Reaction Vessel||LightCycler® Capillary|
|Reaction Volume||20 μL or 100 μL|
|Fluorescence Excitation||Blue LED with peak emission of 470 nm|
|Detection Channels||530, 560, 610, 640, 670, 710 nm|
|Measuring Mode||Real-time, online (continuous display of readings)|
|Typical Run Time||<30 minutes for 35 cycles|
|Temperature Ramp Rate (settings)||0.1-20°C/s|
|Temperature Accuracy||± 0.4°C|
Click here for more information about the LightCycler® Carousel-Based technology.
The LightCycler® Carousel-Based System can be used with:
- Universal ProbeLibrary
- SYBR Green I
- HybProbe Probes
- Hydrolysis Probes
- SimpleProbe Probes
For detailed information, visit Assay Formats for Use in Real-Time PCR.
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument utilizes the LightCycler® Software 4.1, an optimized version of the LightCycler® 4.0 and 4.05 Software, which provides advanced data-analysis modules, efficient data management, and effective data protection.
LightCycler® Software 4.1
- Automatically analyzes and interprets real-time data during either amplification or melting curve analysis.
- Analysis modules automatically perform qualitative detection, absolute or relative quantification, mutation detection, and genotyping.
- Automated melting curve analysis facilitates identification of unique melting species and grouping of genotypes.
- Nucleic acid quantification can be done before PCR.
- Macros allow control of several workflow steps with just one keystroke.
Learn more about the LightCycler® Software features and functionalities.
The LightCycler® Carousel-Based System consists of a variety of components that ensure accurate and quantitative real-time PCR. This unique system offers specially designed master mixes and kits, optimized for sensitive and specific target detection and quantification. Highly specific PCR avoids accumulation of side-products or artifacts, and prevents primer-dimer formation.
LightCycler® Probe Design Software 2.0 automatically finds the optimal primers and probes for all real-time PCR applications, including multiplexing.