LightCycler® 480 Control Kit
Kit for easy performance of control reactions for demonstration of quantitative real-time PCR and melting curve analysis using the LightCycler® 480 Instrument.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Product No.||Pack Size|
|04710924001||6 control reactions|
To order these products, please contact your Roche order management team.
The kit contains pre-diluted samples of a human target gene (102, 103, 2 x 103, 104, 105, 106 copies/well) that is quantified relative to a second gene acting at the same time as an internal control (also provided pre-diluted). Twenty-four-fold replicates of the target are distributed evenly across a 96- or 384-well plate according to the supplied pipetting scheme. Standard and target are detected using hydrolysis probes derived from the Universal ProbeLibrary, carrying FAM and LightCycler® Red 610 labels, respectively.
The target gene is also supplied in a homozygous SNP-mutant and a heterozygote form, which allows the demonstration of SNP genotyping via melting curves in a separate run.
The kit contains enough reagents to do both types of control reactions three times. It can also be combined with reagents containing SYBR Green I.
- Monitor instrument, disposable, and reagent performance with a convenient kit.
- Use different types of assay formats and applications to discover the LightCycler® 480 System's versatility and analytical capabilities.
- Take advantage of pre-diluted standards for easy reaction setup.
- Run the control assay that best fits your application by combining this kit with LightCycler® 480 Multiwell Plates (96 or 384 wells) and the appropriate generic LightCycler® reagent kit (LightCycler® 480 Probes Master, LightCycler® 480 Genotyping Master, or LightCycler® 480 SYBR Green I Master).
- Target Gene (wild type), 102 copies
- Target Gene (wild type), 103 copies
- Target Gene (wild type), 2 x 103 copies
- Target Gene (wild type), 104 copies
- Target Gene (wild type), 105 copies
- Target Gene (wild type), 106 copies
- Target Gene (heterozygote)
- Target Gene (mutant)
- Primer Mix
- Genotyping Probes
- Quantification Probe
- Internal Control
- Water, PCR Grade
The LightCycler® 480 Control Kit is designed as a tool to confirm real-time PCR and melting curve analysis performance of the LightCycler® 480 Instrument. The kit can be used to verify the LightCycler® 480 System's speed, accuracy, and intra-well assay reproducibility. Combined with the appropriate software modules, SNP analysis with HybProbe probes, and quantification with hydrolysis probes in a dual-color setup can both be demonstrated.
The LightCycler® 480 System is characterized by providing highly reproducible PCR and melting curve analysis conditions across the assay plate, leading to highly discriminative analytical capabilities (e.g., when distinguishing 1000 from 2000 target copy numbers) and very low intra-well, intra-assay variation even on the edges of multiwell plates. The LightCycler® 480 Control Kit allows you to verify these features and to control instrument performance shortly after installation or after a certain period of routine use. Demo protocols are provided for the two most important applications of the LightCycler® 480 System (quantification and genotyping) and the two most important types of probes (HybProbe probes and hydrolysis probes derived from the Universal ProbeLibrary).
Note: The kit does not contain PCR enzymes and has to be complemented with generic LightCycler® 480 reagents. Perform the test using LightCycler® 480 Multiwell Plates (96 or 384 wells; not supplied with the kit).
Function test: The LightCycler® 480 Control Kit is function tested using the LightCycler® 480 Instrument.