(optional automated mechanical homogenization)
- Enhances lysis of especially gram-positive bacterial species.
- Very useful for samples that contain particles, such as stool.
- Transfer sample (up to 500 μl) to a MagNA Lyser Green Beads tube.
- Place the tube in the MagNA Lyser Instrument.
- Homogenize for 30 seconds at 6,000 rpm.
- Cool samples for 1 minute in the MagNA Lyser Rotor Cooling Block.
- Centrifuge 5 minutes at 17,000 x g (at +15 to +25°C).
- Transfer 400 μl of the lysate supernatant into the sample tube.
Note: For some types of sample, you may improve DNA yield by performing this homogenization step first, before adding Bacteria Lysis Buffer.
*For general laboratory use.